We at Phrasee understand that you care about your privacy, and so do we. To ensure you have an amazing experience using our platform, we use some cookies and collect some information about you. We promise that we’ll never be creepy, and will never spam you. But here’s the legal stuff in case you’re interested.
The following information applies to personal data we hold about our users, whether you are already using our platform, are interested in using it or otherwise.
Although we are in the business of helping people with their marketing emails, we do not email individuals ourselves as part of a marketing campaign. All personal information we hold and use relates to clients and other businesses and is only used by us in a business context.
1. Information we collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide us by completing forms on our site www.phrasee.co and awesome.phrasee.co. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site or subscribing to our service including contact details such as name, email address and phone number. We also use this information to manage our relationship with you.
- Information that you upload to, or share through, our site by using our services including profile information or any personal information in data that you upload.
- Information that you provide us by completing surveys on our site or as carried out by us or our approved third parties.
- If you contact us for customer or technical support, we may keep a record of that correspondence or conversation.
- Information that you provide us when carrying out transactions through our site including payment details such as credit card information and billing addresses.
- Information we receive from third-party search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Microsoft (Bing and MSN) relating to your search activity. If we do obtain your personal data from a third party, don’t worry, your privacy rights under this notice are not affected and you are still able to exercise your rights.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
2. We process these categories of personal data because:
- the processing is necessary in pursuit of a “legitimate interest”, a legitimate interest in this context means a valid interest we have or a third party has in processing your personal data which is not overridden by your interests in data privacy and security. Examples of our legitimate interests in processing personal data include obtaining information from you which is necessary:
- to give you prospective information about our services,
- to provide you with requested products and services,
- to keep records updated and study how our services are used,
- to run our business, including the provision of administration and IT services, updating our website, informing marketing strategy, updating network security, preventing fraud and processing in the context of a business reorganisation);
- you have consented to the processing for the specific purposes described in this notice;
- the processing is necessary in order for us to comply with our obligations under a contract between you and us.
3. Do we share your data with anyone else?
We may use or disclose your personal data if required by law, if we reasonably determine that such use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, operations, or users; to comply with a law, court order, or legal process; or to otherwise perform our contractual obligations with you (which may include disclosing your personal data to contractors or other service providers who help us to provide our services).
We may transfer the data we control, including personal data, in the event of a company reorganisation, merger, or sale.
4. Data Retention
We retain personal data for as long as we reasonably consider it to be necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, after which time we will securely delete the information.
Unless otherwise specified by applicable law, the required retention period for any personal data will be deemed to be 7 years from the date of receipt by us of that data or (if later) the end of the relevant contract, arrangement or interaction with the data subject to whom the personal data relates.
5. What are your rights?
With respect to your personal data, you have the right to:
- request that your personal data will not be processed;
- review the personal data that we have about you;
- request a correction of any errors in or update of the personal data that we have about you;
- request that your personal data will not be used to contact you for direct marketing purposes;
- request that your personal data will not be used for profiling purposes;
- request that your personal data will not be used to contact you at all;
- request that your personal data be transferred or exported to another organisation, or deleted from our records; or
- at any time, withdraw any permission you have given us to process your personal data.
6. External Websites
Our site may contain links and references to other websites. Please be aware that this notice does not apply to those websites.
Unfortunately we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of sites that are not operated by us, even if you access them via our site. We recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
7. Transferring data abroad
As an international company with customers and users worldwide, we may transfer and access personal data from around the world.
If we transfer your information outside of the EEA, and the third country or international organisation in question has not been deemed by the EU Commission to have adequate data protection laws, we will provide appropriate safeguards and we will be responsible for ensuring your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this notice. If you would like to obtain details of the safeguards we have put in place then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Data Security
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that appropriate technical and organisational measures are carried out in order to safeguard the information we collect from you and protect against unlawful access and accidental loss or damage.
We will ensure that our employees are aware of their privacy and data security obligations.
When we collect information from you, it’s to provide you with the most awesome and personalised service when you are using the Phrasee website and Phrasee services.
We use a web analytics tool (Google Analytics) to analyse site usage, how our users arrive at our site, what they do on the site, what browser they are using and on what operating system etc.
We use a number of different cookies on our site. Cookies are small text files stored on a user’s computer by their web browser, designed to store basic information. For more information on cookies please visit allaboutcookies.org
We use the following cookies:
- Session Cookies: We use a session cookie to remember your log-in for the Phrasee application when selected. More information on session cookies and what they are used for at: allaboutcookies.org
- Persistent Cookies for Site Analytics and Performance: Google Analytics. We use this to understand how the site is being used so we can improve the user experience. All user data is all anonymous. You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service at: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245/
We use this software to see where errors or user confusion happens in the platform, to provide customer support, and to personalise your user experience. For more information regarding its service visit:http://docs.intercom.io/privacy/
12. Email tracking
Emails we send you include tracking whether the user has opened and clicked on the email and what traffic the email send our site. If you want to be sure that none of your email activity is tracked then you should opt out of Phrasee’s emails which you can do on any unsubscribe link.
13. Can I opt out of cookies?
We operate an implied consent policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy with this usage, then please don’t use Phrasee’s website or services.
The links below explain how you can control cookies via your browser:
Alternatively, you may wish to visit aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may have a detrimental effect on your user experience at Phrasee.
14. Social Media Buttons
On our website we use the social media plug-ins from platforms such as Twitter LinkedIn and Vimeo. Plug-ins can be recognized by the social media buttons marked with the logos of these companies. Plug-ins are also used for the embedded video players which can be found on our website.
When you surf on our website, none of your personal data will initially be collected by the providers of these social media plug-ins. Only if you click on one of the plug-ins or one of the videos will your information be transmitted: by activating the plug-in, data is automatically transmitted to the respective plug-in provider and stored by them. We do not have influence on the collected data and data processing operations conducted by these social media providers and are not aware of the full extent of data collection, the purposes or the retention periods.
Information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by social media platforms can be found in the respective data protection policies of these providers, where you will also find further information on your rights and options for privacy protection. Please refer to the websites of these social media platforms for their data protection policies.
On the blog pages of the site are social buttons. These enable users to share or bookmark the blog post or pages. There are buttons for: Twitter, Google +1, Facebook Like, LinkedIn ‘Share’, and StumbleUpon. In order to implement these buttons, and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites, there are scripts from domains outside of Phrasee. If you click on these buttons they will be registering the information.
15. Customer Testimonials & Quotes
We may publish customer testimonials and quotes on our site or in other marketing materials, which may contain some personal data. Phrasee obtains consent from each customer and the featured individuals prior to publication. This consent may be withdrawn at any time. If you are featured in a customer testimonial or quote and wish to withdraw your consent, please send an email with your request to email@example.com
We will post details of any changes to our policy on our website to help ensure you are always aware of the information we collect, how we use it, and in what circumstances, if any, we share it with other parties.
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry or complaint relating to your personal information or how it is handled, you can do so via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If we are unable to resolve any issues you may have or you would like to make a further complaint, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office by visiting http://www.ico.org.uk/for further assistance.