We at Phrasee understand that you care about your privacy, and so do we. To ensure you have an amazing experience using our platform, we use some cookies and collect some information about you. We promise that we’ll never be creepy, and will never spam you. But here’s the legal stuff in case you’re interested.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide us by completing forms on our site www.phrasee.co and awesome.phrasee.co This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site or subscribing to our service including contact details such as name, email address and phone number.
- Information that you upload to, or share through, our site by using our services including profile information or any personal information in data that you upload.
- Information that you provide us by completing surveys on our site or as carried out by us or our approved third parties.
- If you contact us for customer or technical support, we may keep a record of that correspondence or conversation.
- Information that you provide us when carrying out transactions through our site including payment details such as credit card information and billing addresses.
- Information we receive from third party search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Microsoft (Bing and MSN) relating to your search activity.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
When we collect information from you, it’s to provide you with the most awesome and personalised service when you are using the Phrasee website and Phrasee services.
We use a web analytics tool (Google Analytics) to analyse site usage, how our users arrive at our site, what they do on the site, what browser they are using and on what operating system etc.
We use a number of different cookies on our site. Cookies are small text files stored on a user’s computer by their web browser, designed to store basic information. For more information on cookies please visit allaboutcookies.org
We use the following cookies:
- Session Cookies: We use a session cookie to remember your log-in for the Phrasee application when selected. More information on session cookies and what they are used for at: allaboutcookies.org
- Persistent Cookies for Site Analytics and Performance: Google Analytics. We use this to understand how the site is being used so we can improve the user experience. All user data is all anonymous. You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service at: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
Optimizly helps us multivariate test our website and app’s content to increase usability for customers. All user data is anonymous. You can opt out of Optimizly – more information can be found on this link: https://www.optimizely.com/opt_out
We use this software to see where errors or user confusion happens in the platform, to provide customer support, and to personalise your user experience. For more information regarding its service visit: http://docs.intercom.io/privacy
On the blog pages of the site are social buttons. These enable users to share or bookmark the blog post or pages. There are buttons for: Twitter, Google +1, Facebook Like, LinkedIn ‘Share’, and StumbleUpon. In order to implement these buttons, and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites, there are scripts from domains outside of Phrasee. If you click on these buttons they will be registering the information.
Emails we send you include tracking whether the user has opened and clicked on the email and what traffic the email send our site. If you want to be sure that none of your email activity is tracked then you should opt out of Phrasee’s emails which you can do on any unsubscribe link.
Can I opt out of cookies?
We operate an implied consent policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy with this usage, then please don’t use Phrasee’s website or services. The links below explain how you can control cookies via your browser:
- Internet Explorer
- IE – mobile version
Alternatively, you may wish to visit aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may have a detrimental effect on your user experience at Phrasee.